Monday, June 22, 2009

Hello WASFAA Members

Welcome to the WASFAA communication blog! For those of you who don't know me or need reminding, my name is Margaret Zitzer and I'm WASFAA's Personl Information Coordinator (PIC). One of the goals that came out of last week's WASFAA President's/Exceutive Committee Retreat (more information will be coming soon regarding this retreat) was to increase communication between WASFAA members. It was suggested that a Blog would be a great way to improve communication and when I left the room to visit the restroom, it was assigned to me!

As WASFAA's PIC, I acknowledge, on behalf of WASFAA, life changes for WASFAA members. For example, if a WASFAA member gets married or has a baby, I would send a gretting card and/or a gift card from WASFAA. But I can only acknowledge life changes that I know or hear about. Please email (margaret.zitzer@mu.edu) the name, home address and the type of occasion that you would like me to acknowledge. Or update the blog with this information.

We will also be sharing other information on this blog, such as highlighting different committees, or outlining short term and long term goals for WASFAA. As soon as I figure out how to get pictures off my phone, I will also share a good picture of Steve Schuetz at 1:45 am in the basement of the dorm at Carthage College during last week's Thursday night's tornado warning. Yes, they woke us up and we had to go down into the basement.

Take care and talk to you soon. Margaret

5 comments:

  1. I sent a post thanking you, Margaret but it's not appearing. Maybe I'm not as technical as I think I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Margaret! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you all know that WASFAA is on facebook? In the Search area just type Wisconsin Association of Student Financial Aid Administrator. You won't find it by typing WASFAA. So, come on in and BECOME a fan....there are only 9 of us out there right now!

    ReplyDelete